Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Saturday, October 20, 2007

First Visit to the Dog Park!

Did you know there were such things??? A Dog Park?? I had no idea!!
Well, In Ohio there are parks that are specifically for dogs-not just any animal, just dogs! It is crazy! We found a few near us by hearing people talk about them and then searching on the Internet.
Today when I got of work, I came home and Derrick, Max, and I went to Big Walnut Dog Park. The park is only about 10 miles from the house, so it isn't a bad drive. The park is about a 3 acre lot with a chain linked fence, so the dogs could not get out, and it has a pond the dogs could swim in. As soon as we unleashed Max he took off. I was so nervous that he was going to fight with the other dogs or jump all over the other people in the park. Neither one of those happened! He ran right over to the dogs and within just a minute or two he was in heaven! He ran around that park for 2 hours, non-stop, and loved every minute of it. We would even call him over to us and he would start running towards us and then zoom right past us. He didn't even care if we were there. All he cared about were the other dogs that he could chase or that would chase him. Shortly after we got there someone threw a tennis ball into the pond. All the other dogs jumped in and Max followed the crowd and went right in with them. After that, we couldn't keep him out of the water! We were told to take a towel just in case Max got into the water. WATER?? I was thinking "My dog hates baths, he isn't getting into any water!" Good thing I took a towel!!
It was nice for me because there were people there that I could talk to! I met two nice ladies Amanda and Mary. Amanda was there with her husband and 3 dogs- Dozier (Bullmastif), Chance, and Dingo. Mary was there with her little boxer puppy, Sally. We aren't best friends yet, but hey, who knows!! Hahaha! I will actually be doing good to remember their names next time I see them, if I see them again! Max has lots of new friends too. It was funny to sit and watch them all play. We are going to keep taking Max so he can get his exercise in and not get too fat and lazy from being cooped up in the apartment all day.
Of course we took the camera and Derrick took some pictures of Max's fun day! I hope you guys enjoy them!!

Family picture after a day at the park

Max and all his new friends playing in the water

Max playing in the water- his new favorite thing!

Max jumping in and out of the water. I think he likes to splash the water.

Max found a frisbee and we were so happy to see him chase it and carry it

This is what Max did the whole time we were there...when he wasn't playing in the water!

Another one of Max running. It was hard to get too many pictures of him running and playing because they all came out blurry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Glad Max had fun. No, dog parks aren't new. In fact there is one in Murfreesboro my parents take their dog to every weekend. He loves it, too. Brennan's not quite ready, I don't think. Or maybe I'm not. Can't decide.

Michelle said...

Wow - that looks like so much fun! I didn't know there were dog parks around here too - you know that Sam would just love it! Max looks great and definitely in his element.

Unknown said...

I love the pictures! I need to take Eve to a dog park...hey, maybe even Toby. Toby plays in the water bowl when Eve drinks. He's not the normal cat! I bet it was nice to get Max out of the apartment...and he obviously appreciated it.

Ruth said...

We thought Max was sooooo cute in the water!The first picture of Derrick,Rebecca,and Max was a really good picture!Thanks for comming and visiting us!we all love you guys! Love,Madie,Karly and Ruth and Karl