Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Monday, October 15, 2007

Lots of walking....

Have you ever walked so much that you felt your legs were going to fall off?? That is what I did Saturday!

On Friday I was getting all bummed because I knew that Derrick was leaving for Indianapolis on Saturday and would be gone until Monday evening. When I got home from work on Friday, he surprised me and told me that he wasn't leaving until Sunday morning and that we were going to King's Island in Cincinnati on Saturday. I was so excited. We got up on Saturday and headed to King's Island. It was great because Derrick and I went from ride to ride. We never stopped at any shops or to play any games. It was so much fun and we rode everything---well Derrick did. I don't like the carnival type rides that you sit in and they twirl you around in a circle all while turning you upside down, or those sudden drop rides that last 10 seconds. Derrick rode those while I sat and people watched! We grabbed a snack and ate it while we were in line for the next ride and didn't take any time out for anything except for roller coasters.

We had a great time walking fast with our long legs and not having to wait for anyone to catch up or decide who was riding with who! It was just a fun day together with my husband! I must say that I have a wonderful husband and I love him very much!

Well, yesterday and today I am paying for all that walking. My legs hurt and wearing heals all day today didn't help any. Maybe I can talk my husband into a leg and foot massage tonight!

BY THE WAY-- GO KENTUCKY!!! THEY BEAT LSU!!!! That made for an even better weekend.

P.S.- HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLY!! I MISS YOU AND I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN HOME FOR YOUR PARTY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome. That just makes me miss Opryland. Even if there were crappy rides...it still meant for a fun afternoon. But I understand your pain...I would be complaining even more than you about painful legs! I'm such a sissy.

Ruth said...

I can't wait to go to Kings Island with you guys in 08 but I will let you ride with my little dare devils. We miss you guys!