Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Thursday, October 11, 2007

First Day At Work

Today was my first day at my new job here in Ohio. It is with a local bank in Gahanna, Ohio. I was going a little stir crazy and I needed to get to work so I could meet people. I am having social interaction withdrawals. I had to be there at 8:30 and I was there by 8:25. I hope they made note of that because I am horrible about getting somewhere on time! When I got there everyone welcomed me right in and we actually had a branch meeting today and they introduced me and announced my title and position. Basically I am Branch Manager---just kidding!! I am a customer service representative and I will also help out on the teller line if they need help.

It was a nice day but quite boring. I had to get through all the bumps of the technical side before I could even do anything. Once we got through that I went shopping in the supply room to fill up my desk. Then I just sat there for the rest of the day. I talked to clients as they walked in and I walked around and watched other people work. One of my co-workers took me to this local upscale diner for lunch and it was very good. Then my mom and dad sent me the beautiful fall bouquet of flowers which really brightened my day. Ohh, I stopped and got a cup of coffee and a cookie in the lobby. Did I mention that the bank gets fresh snickerdoodle and chocolate chip cookies from a local bakery every morning??

So, needless to say I didn't stress myself out my first day!

Tonight Derrick and I were invited, by the bank, to attend The Taste of Gahanna, along with 8 other employees and/or family members. The event is put on by the chamber and about 50 restaurants from the city of Gahanna come and set up booths with food from their restaurants. All you had to do was walk around and get a plate full of food from each table!! A lot of the vendors gave coupons for free food. Derrick and I ate so much that we were just sick! It was a fun evening and now we are so sleepy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad your first day was so uneventful. I'm beginning to think that working at a bank is all about the free food (Ray gets treated a lot, too)! Hope you have a good coat and snow shoes, you'll need them up north. ;)