Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Monday, October 8, 2007

We are in Ohio!

Well, we have been in Ohio for 3 days now. It hasn't really hit me that I have actually moved away. It kind of feels like I am on vacation or something. The drive here wasn't bad but it sure was nice to get here. Unloading the big truck into a second story apartment wasn't that fun. When we got here we came into the apartment and the air wasn't working. It was about 80 degrees in here, on top of the fact that everyone was sweating from moving furniture and boxes. My brother, cousin, and my parents are the best!! They all drove up from TN to help us move in. They were so much help and we really appreciate all that they have done.

We have a one bedroom apartment with a balcony. It is nice but thankfully we will only be here for 6 months. I hate that Max doesn't have a yard to play in and I feel like we are always yelling his name because when he walks into another room we are afraid he is going to use the bathroom or chew up something. He has been great in the apartment so far. Keep your fingers crossed that he stays this way!

We took my parents to the lot that we have chosen to build on and they really liked it. Then we took them out and showed them the model home that matched our floor plan. They are just as excited about our new house as we are! They haven't done anything new on the lot yet, but as they do I will post pictures so everyone can see the progress with us.

I definitely miss the fact that I don't know anyone, or where anything is. The cable guy came this morning and he was trying to tell us where PetSmart was located and he said "I live over in West Jefferson, so I go to the one that is over off 70 by the big Wal-Mart." I wanted to say "Where is 70, where is the big Wal-Mart, and where the heck is West Jefferson?????" Instead I said "Ohh, ok......thanks!" :(

I start my new job next Monday. My brother and my cousin went home yesterday and my dad is leaving today. Mom is staying until Wednesday to help unpack boxes, but since we are all unpacked we get to go shopping!! She wanted to stay a little longer since so she could go around town and see the area. For all I care, she can stay as long as she wants. I am sure that when she leaves is when I will realize that this is my new home and possibly when I start crying.

Pray that I will learn my way around and that Derrick and I will find a church and meet some people up here. Dad said that we need to find a big church, with lots of people, so we can get them all to help up move into our new house and he can come and visit after we move in, instead of coming to help move in!! Haha! He is a funny guy.

4 comments:

SandyJ said...

Hey you! I hardly ever get on our Myspace anymore so i am glad that i did today! I am also glad to hear you made it okay adn that you are settled in (minus not having your house) :) I know how it feels to not know where ANYTHING is in a new town! So if you need anything let us know! We love and miss you both!
Love,
The Johnson's
(the other set) :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like once you find PetSmart, you need to sign up Max for some obedience training! Honestly, the best advice I have is to just drive around without a map. I find that when you are lost and stressed you will remember things much better....or is that just me?

Ali b said...

Aww I already miss you here at work!! I have no one to call and just talk too like we use too!! Hope you find things there in Ohio. Find a big mall so when I come we can go shopping!!! Talk to you later.
Ali

Joy said...

I'll come and help you move!!!