Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving!

This has been a great weekend. My mom and dad came up on Tuesday and stayed through Sunday. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving with them here. Mom and I cooked the turkey and all the trimmings while dad and Derrick went and played frisbee golf at the park. Dinner was wonderful. Everything came out perfect! We had fun sitting and talking all night.

I had to work on Friday but mom and Derrick got up at 4:00 and went shopping! Neither one of them have ever gone shopping on Black Friday! They had a good time though. By the time I got off of work, they were all exhausted from shopping all day. Saturday dad and Derrick went shopping for a little bit and then when back to the park and played more frisbee golf. It wasn't until the end of their last game that dad told Derrick what he was doing wrong. I think that was dad's plan all along!! :) Mom and I went shopping and I got lots of good Christmas presents! That night we met up in Gahanna (the city where I work) and we watched the Christmas parade. In Gahanna they do one at night and all the floats are decorated with Christmas lights. It was neat to see a nighttime parade but we froze our tails off!!

Sunday morning we got up and drove out to Granville and cut down our first Ohio Christmas tree!!! :) We all 4 went to a tree farm and found the perfect tree and cut it down. Mom and dad even got an Ohio tree to take back to TN! It was fun searching through all the million trees for the perfect one and cutting it down. That was the first time that Derrick and I have cut down our tree. We loved it!!

I can't wait to get off work today so we can go home and decorate it. It was too wet yesterday (did i mention that we cut down our tree in the rain???).

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband, great parents, a great family (on both sides), brother and sister who I love, a niece that I adore, a job, a beautiful home, tons of wonderful...I could go on and on. I hope you all have just as much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so looking forward to the pictures of that beautiful christmas tree you all got! I am glad you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The Rice Family said...

Hey hey,
glad you had a great thanksgiving! check out my blog, did i send you the link, i can't remember if i have your email address in my contacts or not...