Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall is here

Wow, I have been so busy that I have not blogged in a few months! We have had so much going on that I could have written a book by now! Where do I start???

Derrick and I were able to make a trip back to Nashville over Labor Day weekend. It was good because we all drove to Memphis to see my grandparents. Most of the Hamblin family was there so it was so nice to see all of them and catch up with everyone! I have a wonderful family and I love spending time with them. The 4 hour drive there, and then 4 hours back, was a blast because of course I was chosen by Allison to sit in the very back with her. I had very little leg room since a 3rd row seat isn't made for comfort! It was a fun weekend and I am glad we had a chance to go home and see my family.

A couple weeks later was the UK vs MTSU football game in Lexington, KY. Derrick has a dealer who has season tickets to all the UK home games. She knows that Derrick and I are UK fans and she mentioned to Derrick that they were going to be out of town that weekend and asked if we wanted the tickets. She had 6 tickets and a parking pass. We were so excited to have tickets so we called our very best friends, Ruth and Karl Meyer, to see if they all wanted to go to the game. Of course they said yes! We met them in Lexington and spent the weekend in Lexington together. It was so much fun to get to spend time with them. I miss those girls so much!

Since then we have been busy every weekend with ALS Walks across Ohio and Indianapolis. ALS (a.k.a Lou Gehrig's Disease) is one of the main diseases that Derrick deals with in his patients. His company is a national sponsor so he has to go and set up a booth at every walk so I went with him and volunteered. It was a lot of fun but the past 3 weekends have been consumed with these walks. We finally have a weekend off but it will be spent cleaning and preparing for Derrick's family to come in town the next weekend. Most of you know that Derrick and I have been working out and working with a trainer. Well, Derrick has always wanted to run a marathon so he has been training to run the Columbus Half Marathon. He is now 2 weeks away and is doing awesome! I am so proud of him and how far he has come! He will be running on Sunday, October 19th. So, if you think about it that day- say a little prayer that he can at least finish. He doesn't care about placement or time, he just wants to finish.

Ohh, one more thing! We bought a new tree and planted it in the backyard. It is a maple tree and the leaves will be a beautiful red in the fall. I love fall and I can't wait for Halloween weekend because we are going down to Gatlinburg with my family! I am sure another blog and pictures from that will be coming soon!

No comments: