Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Working Out!

Derrick and I have recently hired a personal trainer at a local gym here in Pickerington, the city we live in. Her name is Kelly and she is the daughter of a lady that works with me at the bank. We finally realized that we were not happy with the way we have lived the past couple of years and it was time to do something about it.

We met with Kelly and she educated us on how many calories we should be eating in a day. I had no idea how many calories were in the everyday foods that we would eat. It was so common for me or Derrick to grab a burger for lunch and not think twice about it. When Kelly talked to us about our eating habits, it really opened our eyes to what we put in our body. So, for the past 6 weeks Derrick and I have been eating better and working out 3-4 times a week.

We meet with Kelly a couple times a week and the other times we will just go on our own and do cardio. The times that we meet with Kelly with a one-on-one session (well, I guess one-on-two since Derrick and I go together) she works us until we can barely walk. She definitely pushes me harder than I would ever push myself. Most of you know that I hate to sweat and when we work out we sweat like crazy!!

As much as I like to be lazy, I have enjoyed exercising and spending the time with Derrick! He has been amazing and so encouraging since we started working out. I have the best husband in the world! There was one week that I only lost 1 pound, to his 6 pounds, and he turned it around and found the positive to me losing 1 pound versus gaining. When we workout there are plenty of times that I just want to lay on the floor and quit. Derrick is always there for me and will come over and help me out and encourage me to keep going. I know that having him there with me is what keeps me from not falling over and just giving up!! Every time I finish a tough exercise he is always there to give me a high five or a hug and tell me I did a great job.

I love being with him and I wouldn't want to spend this time with anyone else! Who knew that a new hobby that my husband and I would pick up would be exercising together. He is working his way up to run a 5K and maybe if he is lucky, I will be able to eventually do those things with him. So far Derrick has lost 21 pounds and I am up to 12 pounds.

P.S. I finally worked my way up to bench pressing more than just the bar!!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Way to go that is so great. I am so proud. Miss you guys!!

Joy said...

You can do it!!! =o)

Michelle said...

Wow Rebecca! That is great for you and so great that you are doing it together. I don't know if I would have ever started working out if it wasn't for Pete keeping me accountable and always asking me how many times I worked out that week and ALWAYS willing to watch the girls if I missed my workout during the day. Tell Derrick I said Hi!