Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Snow, Snow, Go Away.......

Can I just say that I am tired of the snow and tired of the cold weather??? Like I need to add weight to myself by layering clothes and wearing a big coat and scarf everyday!! Ok, it has snowed again today and is only going to get worse tonight. Yes, it is beautiful but it isn't fun to drive in. My commute to work takes me about 25 minutes on a normal day. When it snows it takes me about 1.5 hours! If you know me you know that I am not a morning person and when it snows I have to get up extra early so I am not late to work.

I normally don't beg Derrick to take me to the beach but all I have asked for in a vacation this year was for a place where it was sunny and warm! During the winter months here it stays cloudy and gloomy. Since we have been here I can probably count on one hand the number of days it has been sunny and pretty. Whew, I need a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket and I will be fine!!!

Ok- enough complaining. On the plus side, the snow is beautiful and makes a sparkling white blanket on the ground. I love to sit at work and watch it snow. Ohio is used to snow so they are usually good about dumping pounds and pounds of salt on the roads, so along with the pretty white snow, my blue car is a pretty white car! A carwash is the type of business I should open in Ohio!

Ok- my toes are freezing....it is time for that hot chocolate and fire!!

2 comments:

Eron said...

You're more than welcome to visit us. We've been having temps in the mid to high 70s.

Ruth said...

We got snow again not much like you but about 3 inches. The girls are outside right now playing in it. Izzy is over so they may stay out longer this time. Have D take some pictures of the house with snow all ove it.