Me and My Husband

Me and My Husband

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sweet Maggie

This is Maggie and Derrick's niece, Alexz, this past summer. This is Maggie a couple of weeks after we brought her home.

Well, today has been a rough day. This morning my husband took our little Maggie to the vet and had her put to sleep. Bless her heart, she has been so sick for a while but has been a tough fighter the whole time. I know she is better off now but I didn't realize how hard it would be to actually let her go. We have only had her for 8 months but she was the sweetest Basset Hound ever! Derrick called me at work to let me know how everything went, and that is when I lost. I think that some of these emotions are coming from the fact that in less than 2 weeks I will have totally left my comfort zone of my friends, family, and work and moved to a place where I don't even know how to get to the nearest Wal-Mart....or if there is even a Wal-Mart in Ohio!

3 comments:

Alison B. said...

aww bless your heart. puppies are like family around our house and i know what that feels like. we lost a basset hound in less than a year also when i was in college...

Joy said...

I'm so sorry Rebecca =0( I know how much you loved your sweet little Maggie...

Ruth said...

sweet Maggie, I can see her still running the day you got her with her big ears. She was so cute. The girls will sure miss her.